Saturday, February 21, 2009

Help!

This is alittle random but I need your help. Have you ever had the radio on but not really been listening to the songs, and then suddenly your ears perk up and one of the songs gets your attention? Well this happened to me on the way home from work last night. I heard a song that really spoke to me but I am unable to remember what it was called or who sang it. Now that I sit down to write this I can't even remember what the words were really just that it meant alot. I have spent the last hour searching through itunes without finding it. But in the mean time I have purchesed 5 other songs :). anyway.... The part of the song that spoke to me was something about the fact that god gives us trials to make us stronger. He uses thoses times to mold and perfect us. For those of you who know little about the past few months you can see why that might speak to me. And then to top it off I had the pleasure of working with one of the best familes in my four year experience as a NICU nurse. When then received the news that there 5 day old son has a 50/50 chance of having a malignant tumor and they will not know until tuesday. The first words that came out of the dads mouth to his then crumbling wife was that God is control and he is bigger then they are and he will take care of them and there baby. I had to walk away I could not stand it any longer. To see that kind of faith was humbling and overwhelming at the same time. Would I be the same way? Would I have the strength to trust God? Would that be my first thought or would I immediatly wonder why? I know that God works in misterious ways, but sometimes it is REALLY hard to understand. So part of my reason for writing this post is to ask if anyone knows what that song is, I know it is a fat chance that you will from the limited discription that I have given you, but it is worth a chance. (o yeah it is sung by a female I do know that). And also I want you to pray for this family that they will continue to show strength and trust in God. Thanks for the help.

1 comment:

aklopfen said...

Hi anna,
Thanks for sharing this. I have done that before with music. What I usually do is type in part of the song(if you can remember it) into google and then add "+lyrics" and I usually can find the song and who the artist is....that way you aren't spending $ :)
I will be praying for your family with the baby and also for you in whatever you are going thru. See you on the weekend!